Tuesday, February 20, 2007

From Dusk Till Dawn

I awoke today to go to school as usual, but I also had another parameter to fulfill. I rushed to the school so that I would have time to return the umbrella that I borrowed before my class began. After doing so, I ran up the four flights of stairs to my class and made it just in time. After class, I went to eat lunch and attempt to read for my next class.

As usual, the reading made no sense and was poorly written, so I again discontinued reading it. I figure that if I can't understand what I'm reading, there is no sense in reading it at all. The class itself was a disgrace to mankind. The class title is Culture and Everyday Life in Japan from an Anthropological Perspective, but the way the teacher teaches it, the class should be named Anthropological Perspectives and leave out the rest. It wasn't until the last four minutes of class that he even mentioned anything about Japan. I spent the entire class looking straight at my notebook and ignoring him completly as to show my disgust for his blatant failure to do his job. If this keeps up, he will surely receive the worst teacher rating that I ever have, and ever will give. I hated my computer science class back at home, but at least I knew something about the subject by the time it was over!

After that class, I wearily made my way to my next class. Unfortunately, the teacher's promise to lecture for only 20 minutes per day was broken and he kept it going for most of the class. After class, Albert asked for me to wait around so we could eat dinner, and that meant that I would have to wait for him to get out of the next class. In order to pass the time, I figured that I might as well do the language lab assignment that I had planned to do the next day. Unfortunately, the assignment proved to be harder than expected since my first class's teacher had drugged me with his infinite amount of boredom and information that did not relate to the topic of the class. I had to write down everything that I had to say word for word in order to do the assignment and I still had to redo it several times before it was at an acceptable quality.

After doing the assignment, I met with Albert in the lounge where we proceeded to wait for a suitable time to eat dinner. I decided to do my workbook homework and I used my dictionary to help me write some kanji and look up a few things that I did not recognize.

While we waited, Albert talked with one of his Japanese classmates, Kimie, and invited her along to dinner with us. This particular girl was intriguing to Albert since she seemed obsessed with the fact that drugs are legal in Holland. We all talked while we were at dinner at the popular Japanese restaurant, Roro. I was glad to find out that there was more to her than an interest in drugs.

After dinner, we parted ways and I headed home. From there, not too much happened, though I was out and about from 10:00 to 8:30. It felt like I was back at home being at school all day...

No comments: