Thursday, February 8, 2007

Aquiring My Legal Status

February 6

Apart from my normal routine, today I went to apply for my alien registration card. This process included me having to walk to Hirakata-shi, the route that I had previously gotten lost on and had to turn back with nothing but sore feet. This time, however, I was able to find the tricky turn amoung turns by following a bus as it sped off. From my failed attempt to walk back to school from Hirakata-shi previously, I began to recognize several landmarks, such as the open sitting area that at the time had an interesting view. After finally reaching the station, I followed the semi-helpful directions that I received until I decided to ask a nearby policeman where to go. After being pointed to the building straight down the path, I made my way to it.


The building itself was split off into two parts: one for - thing I can't read - and the other for - another thing I can't read -. Using my directional intuition, I chose a side and entered. After asking one of the workers where to bring my application form, I learned that my prowess for choosing the wrong direction had again taken effect. The worker was kind enough to lead me to the other side, the office I needed to go to, and explain what I needed to do to the workers there. From there, I was immediately helped.

The school said that the photos I provided (to their exact measurement requests) may be too small for the registration and could possibly be rejected. I was glad to find that such was not the case. After turning in my application and waiting for the employee to file it, I was given a temporary certificate of alien registration and asked to come back the next month to pick up the card.

I journeyed back to the school so that I could provide them with my registration number and then returned to the dorms. For dinner, I, Mitch, and Aaron went back to the ¥500 restaurant. I took a picture on the way there because it looked nice. We were again faced with an insane amount of food at a low price. Only Mitch was able to finish all of the food. After dinner, we returned home where I was quite happy to stay since I did so much walking toady.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

*yawns* I'm tired just from reading how much you walk!! *giggles*