Saturday, January 27, 2007

A Note on My Roommates

January 26 - Part 1

I have been placed with a very interesting crew at the dorms. It seems that just about all of them enjoy smoking, drinking, and being promiscuous as often as possible. These interests are in direct contrast with mine, which makes for an interesting experience. In fact, yesterday, one of them listed the above interests along with my unwillingness to participate in them and proclaimed that he didn’t know how to hang out with me. Apart from him, however, the others do not seem to have difficulty getting along with me as long as they continue to respect my lifestyle. Overall, I am entertained by them behaviors as it seems to incase much of the things that I have been taught to look down upon.

Even more interesting, I discovered yesterday that my roommate did not like me because of our clash of interests. It seems that he is the type of person who believes that friendship can be reached only by having common interests. This information was surprising to me, as he gave no indication that he disliked me. Such news was disclosed only after he changed his mind. He discovered that both of us have played a game that he used to love, and hence, the necessary common ground was found and he decided to like me. Such a turn of events simply continued to amuse me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Silleh dude not liking the Mikum.